THESE WORDS I WRITE ARE SENT TO ME FOR YOU

Rodeosshow is the writings of Lance Martinelli
Known by several names, Rodeo being but one.

Welcome To The Rodeo Show All my poems for the world to see...
Just channeling words from the other side
Colors, Truths and Mere Speculation
Fall by the wayside

If you take my hand
You'll have my mind as well.
Welcome to the Rodeo Show

Welcome to the Rodeo Show

Welcome to the Rodeo Show

11/23/11

Come Winter

I'll see you come winter
But I must be away
The buds are on the trees
And longer grows each day.

I shall hold you in my memories
And dream of you at night
But the summer sun is calling me
So I fear I must take flight.

Sadness in my heart I feel
But new life in my bones.
You say that you can't go with me
So I must leave you alone.

A part of me still stays with you
But the rest of me must roam.
The fields and mountains, streams and valleys
Are calling me back home.

I'll see you , come winter
When the hollyhawks lay down their round brown heads
 When the snow on the meadow is shimmering white
And the animals that hibernate lie safe in their beds.

The road is calling
And the birds are all but gone.
May you hold me in your memories
When you hear that Santa Monica song.

I'll see you , come winter
And if I'm still alive
I may just take you sailing
On the bay by night.

Heading north with the frost-line
Some snow still on the peaks
 .............for now
So much I gotta see
While the warmth of summer allows.

I know how much it hurts you
Because it cuts me deeply too.
I'm one for the money and two for the road.
It's just what I always do.

I'll see you come winter
When the hawk is out in force
With a summer tan on my body
Escaping the winter up north.

In the mean-time remember
I'll be back come December.
    And I promise to kiss you in that same special way
Like I never left a moment
And I've come bck home to stay.
I'll see you, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,come winter
                                           4/6/09
                                              gainsville fl

    


No comments: