THESE WORDS I WRITE ARE SENT TO ME FOR YOU

Rodeosshow is the writings of Lance Martinelli
Known by several names, Rodeo being but one.

Welcome To The Rodeo Show All my poems for the world to see...
Just channeling words from the other side
Colors, Truths and Mere Speculation
Fall by the wayside

If you take my hand
You'll have my mind as well.
Welcome to the Rodeo Show

Welcome to the Rodeo Show

Welcome to the Rodeo Show

8/20/12

Now That I Cry

As a younger man I loved to break
their hearts in little shattered pieces.
Made me feel so powerful from city
to city with the bands that I toured with.
It was always so easy.

Even though I can still take what I want,
I find along the way stories of destroyed
and shelled out lives that I have left behind
in those days and now that I can cry I wish
I hadn't lived that way.

Nobody knows better how the miles take their
toll than I do for the lonely hours that I've spent.
And the tears now held back come down in
waterfalls now that I hear about the things that I did.

Now that I can cry I try to hold it back
and tell myself that I was just young.
I was a soldier and traveler tearing up
what ever would come.

But in the late quiet hours the tears come in
showers and sleep wont come till dawn.
And Im still on this road and I carry
this load on and on.

Now that I can cry every tear from my eyes
couldn't equal half the pain that I have left in their minds.
If cried a hundred years it wouldn't add up to the misery
I must have left behind.
Aw hell nevermind.

Chris 7/13/12

1 comment:

Granny said...

need a tissue? NOT