THESE WORDS I WRITE ARE SENT TO ME FOR YOU

Rodeosshow is the writings of Lance Martinelli
Known by several names, Rodeo being but one.

Welcome To The Rodeo Show All my poems for the world to see...
Just channeling words from the other side
Colors, Truths and Mere Speculation
Fall by the wayside

If you take my hand
You'll have my mind as well.
Welcome to the Rodeo Show

Welcome to the Rodeo Show

Welcome to the Rodeo Show

7/5/12

How many?


How many times have I
Listened to rain-drops and not
Told the stories they sung?
And how many tears have I
Seen in others eyes just to
Forget the stories they begun?

Caught up in a rat-race in
The savage chase of the
Almighty profit
Did I forget my true calling to
The penny’s caterwauling?
Shit! Tell me, where along the
Way that I dropped it.

Awakened as if asleep in a
Dream that I haven’t really
Liked from the start
Is the truth I forgot that who I
Truly am isn’t as important
As the truths I must impart..

So much like Rip Van Winkle
Who dozed in the shade to
Awaken so many years hence.
To find life doesn’t give back
What is taken, in fact time
Takes more with no thought of
Recompense..

How many rain-bows gave
Such color and splendor while I
Saw only the black and white?
What battles were fought and
Destinies sought that I didn’t
Save for all time?

What a shame for me to claim
I paid attention to the game
When the truth is I fell by the
 Wayside
Now I know where I failed and
New wind fills my sails.
I shall sail on the next coming
Tide..
Chris
6/15/12

No comments: