THESE WORDS I WRITE ARE SENT TO ME FOR YOU

Rodeosshow is the writings of Lance Martinelli
Known by several names, Rodeo being but one.

Welcome To The Rodeo Show All my poems for the world to see...
Just channeling words from the other side
Colors, Truths and Mere Speculation
Fall by the wayside

If you take my hand
You'll have my mind as well.
Welcome to the Rodeo Show

Welcome to the Rodeo Show

Welcome to the Rodeo Show

7/5/12

Didn’t know


I didn’t know that that solid
Fortress of me could fall.
I never imagined that the walls
That I built could be brought
Down by something so small.

I can’t even begin to see where
The chinks that built up over time
And the damage was unseen
Till the forces were so overrun
On the line.

I didn’t realize what a
Compromise giving of myself
Would entail.
In foresight I can’t find in
Myself any cause to regret
The loss of the forces that failed.

I didn’t know what I know now
But even if I did, I’m a better
Man to take the defeat.
The loss of my nothingness
Is replaced by a loneliness
And the agony is O so sweet.
Chris.

No comments: