THESE WORDS I WRITE ARE SENT TO ME FOR YOU

Rodeosshow is the writings of Lance Martinelli
Known by several names, Rodeo being but one.

Welcome To The Rodeo Show All my poems for the world to see...
Just channeling words from the other side
Colors, Truths and Mere Speculation
Fall by the wayside

If you take my hand
You'll have my mind as well.
Welcome to the Rodeo Show

Welcome to the Rodeo Show

Welcome to the Rodeo Show

11/29/12

Free


I know there's no going back to all the places I've been
Also I know I can't remember everything I have seen
But still there lives inside of me an encyclopedia of glory and grace
For so much grandeur have i beheld in this life with these eyes
From beauty to gore and everything in between.

I have stood alone in places crowds would fear to fill
Between my cradle and my grave down highways in the night
Nothing to be gained by just standing still
And no battle was ever won without a fight.

When letting the wind so fill my sails, I'm pulled ever onward again
To the end of the line I must dash one more time
I would surely go crazy without some risk of danger
And this game won't be over until I win.

There may be no return for the bridge may have burned
and the swim may just then be my last.
but the hunger in my soul has always pushed me to go
never satisfied to say any journey was my last.

So when laid up or broken up or locked away for offenses
against some line on a paper that constitutes law
You won't hear me whining. I've got my own silver lining
And when I can't touch it I can still taste, smell, hear and see it all.

I'm as free as a bird even when held in a cage
and my soul still flies on the wind
I love all my scars. They're my souvenirs and friends
and the wild wide world has always been my stage.

You cannot lay me by when my spirits free to fly
All the world I have seen with these eyes
If you love me for now then that's all there is
I am as free as the clouds in the sky.

So don't cry for me and only keep me in your prayers
because by God I'll be better one more time.
If it's a place I haven;t seen then look for me there
And know they cannot lock up my mind.
Chris 
11/29/12 TX

No comments: