THESE WORDS I WRITE ARE SENT TO ME FOR YOU

Rodeosshow is the writings of Lance Martinelli
Known by several names, Rodeo being but one.

Welcome To The Rodeo Show All my poems for the world to see...
Just channeling words from the other side
Colors, Truths and Mere Speculation
Fall by the wayside

If you take my hand
You'll have my mind as well.
Welcome to the Rodeo Show

Welcome to the Rodeo Show

Welcome to the Rodeo Show

12/7/12

That's Me


I've been trippin I've been slippin. I've been doing everything
everybody a;ways dreamed that they would do/
On a wild roller coaster since the day that I left home
and by the miraculous grace of God i've made it through.

When the forces of the enemy inclose my soul with hopeless doom
and chopping jaws to chew my bones
I fight with all my might and have the scars to say Im right
So only Jesus mercy ever saw me safely home.

When everybody begs to listen to the stories of the way I've
raged the face of this crazy world.
I tell them that if I brag its on the Lord but with a smile
I gotta say that I love every minute of the battles
And I fight for all Im worth.

I've been flaming. I've been flying, I've been fighting while
Im crying in the pouring rain and blowing blizzards
of the north.
God has let me crash on mountains, wreak on highways, bounce
down ditches, flipped in the woods, so on and on and so forth.

Still each new sunrise so blows my mind and so surprised
To wake up in some country and had forgotten I was there.
I may not know where I am half the time
and the other half Im twice as sure that I dont care.

I've been sailing, I've been failing, I've been everywhere on my
way to being nothing at all over and over again.
I dont care if Im not here and I dont mind if everybody
minds their own business and leaves me right the hell alone
in the wind.

And it always hurts later when the bullet hits the bone.
But nothing hurts quite like a betrayal of a friend.

I've put out my thumb and i've put down my foot
I've picked up a clue or two on my way to nowhere
the long way around.
If the phone doesn't ring then it may just be me and my
thing. Loosing my way on this care free highway Ive found.

If Im not making sense Its just my way of saying that you
probably wont get my point anyway.
But if you see what I mean on the lines in between
Then thank God someone gets what the hell Im trying
my least not to say.

And all these (I's) and (me's) which may seem that Im full
of myself and that I see the world revolving around me
Im just talking to myself or do I mean myself and nobody
else cause I never take myself that seriously.

All this gobleldegoor Im like a fluke or Suese
and Im confusing the pubic wherever I roam
Searching one horse towns for the ultimate showdown
all by myself but never quite alone.

I've been thrown. I've been blown, I've been licked and kicked
by what for damn sure is the best of them.
Seen more then my share, done more than most dare
standing out like a sore thumb from the rest of them.

Too many times told its the end of the line and my
mother quit taking these calls in the night
When the doctor would say
'Im sorry to tell you mam, but your sons gonna die"
she says 'You cant kill him.  I've had this call many times
Tell him I love him and Good day." 

I've been sad but true, I've been black and blue
Taken by land and by sea.
Been up many nights just scribbling lines that when I
found them later I found hard to believe were by me.

Im still on my rant, Cant be told that I cant
Think I took a wrong turn on the highway to hell
Will you jump out and charge and taste the world at large
or just like the maulers lie safe in your shell?

To most I seen strange cause I've ridden the range and
Im from the way back and rough
Slipping and sliding, peeping and hiding and Im not stopping
until I've had enough.

So say a quick prayer for me Im not so much mystery as
always breaking all of the rules that I can.
You better look fast cause this surely cant last.
And I sure as hell must be a flash in the pan.

Im busy getting dizzy so dont have a hissy Im doing what
What all of you wish you could do.
I am just what I am so why should I give a damn
And I haven't got time to feel sorry for you.
Im sorry.

But I dont recommend you try it my friend because
My very next fight may end in a fireball while you
live safely and vicariously
I do as I wish by fife or by fist and someone's gotta
answer the call
And thats me.

Chris 
12.7.12 TX

P.S. I can fuck me up all by myself
I dont need any help.....
but world....thanks for trying

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's the kid from Laguna Niguel, got another new yorker, where should I send you my number